Counseling/Help me not care about her insult

Question
How do I not care what this therapist said when she insulted me  

Today was my second visit and she fell asleep both times. In addition she insulted me today. I came to her office to deal with family issues and at the end of todays session she says 'I been meaning to ask you, why are your clothes big on you'. I was stunned especially since my issues had nothing to do with my clothes. Also almost every day I get complimented on what I am wearing. I dress very chic and elegant, I do not dress slutty.

I asked her why she said this and she said 'I want to know if you have body issues'. Again I was stunned. I told her that the way I dress is none of her business and I always get compliment on how I dress and the issues I came to discuss had nothing to do with my body or clothes.

I told her I will never come back to see her again and she had no right to put down the way I dress. When I got to my car I called my best friend and she was stunned as well.

Because of this psychologists remarks the rest of the day I felt very insecure about the way I dress.  I was feeling really good about myself until this therapists remarks

Answer
Hi Deb - I understand why you felt what you did. I propose that the REAL issue here is your degree of reactivity to the therapist's [unprofessional] behavior. If your true Self was guiding you, you would shrug, feel temporary frustration and resentment, and move on.  

I encourage you to check yourself for inherited psychological wounds that may have caused your reaction [and your need for professional counsel]:  http://sfhelp.org/gwc/guide1.htm Further questions = welcome! - Pete

Counseling

Peter Gerlach, MSW