Counseling/Guardianship

Question
Hello, my son is 25 and has severe OCD and anxiety. He cannot live on his own, but does it mean that we need the guardianship? He is mentally competent, but there are periods (weeks and months) when he cannot do anything because his anxiety is so bad or he is completely consumed with obsessive thoughts and compulsions. If a lawyer takes care of the guardianship, do you know by chance what kind of fee they would take? Thank you!

Answer
Alex,  I think this may be more of a legal rather than mental health question.  It makes sense that you are concerned about your son's future and his ability to care for himself especially as regards his financial security.  The question you ask seems to be directed at his ability to handle his own finances.  You might want to start by posing this question to an attorney from this site.  There are a number who will answer legal questions. At least, that will give you some initial ideas before you contact a local attorney.  Joel  

Counseling

Joel Simon