Counseling/Why I am suddenly aware of my inner voice ?

Question
Why I am suddenly aware of my inner voice ?
Hey there, I'm a 19 years old male suffering from anxiety disorder & OCD (Mainly pure O thoughts) and about 2 weeks ago or so, out of nowhere my anxiety flipped to a new intrusive thought, a thought that popped out of nowhere when I was sitting in my room: "What if I became aware of my inner voice till the last day of my life ?" You know what the inner voice is, it's the voice you hear in your head when you're thinking or reading( you're probably hearing it right now). And ever since, I can't get this thought out of my head, you know how it is with OCD, the more you try to stop the stops the less you succeed... I'm pretty sure it's one of the intrusive thoughts that pops into my head from time to time... But the difference is that this thought of being aware of the voice you hear in your head when you're thinking is very frustrating and bizarre... Besides, I can't say this to anyone in real life or else they'll think I'm a Weirdo or something LOL ! So my question is have someone experiencing something similar ? Is it common for people with OCD ? And what should I do to reduce the fear I have whenever this thought pops in my head ? Any advice would be appreciated, Thanks in advance !

Answer
Hello,

Q: So my question is have someone experiencing something similar ?

A: Surely, yes.

Q: Is it common for people with OCD?

A: Yes, ruminating, intrusive thoughts are common.

Q: And what should I do to reduce the fear I have whenever this thought pops in my head?

The easiest thing to do is deep, regularly breathing. Each emotion is accompanied by specific physical states. Fear involves tightness in the chest and fast, shallow breathing. If you change your breath pattern, the emotion must change as well.

Sincerely,

Laura Giles

Counseling

Laura Giles, MSW