Country Music/female group

Lynn P. wrote at 2009-05-30 00:12:00
I had been looking for this one for a long time too.  The group is the "Girls Next Door".

Lynn P.

Amanda Sandifer wrote at 2009-06-25 17:27:58
They're The Girls Next Door.  I wish I could win money for getting this answer right!  Cause DJ's don't know either what I'm talking about when I've tried to request the song.  I don't know what happened to them, but they were a one hit wonder with this one, and I'm not sure if it was even a #1 hit.

REGANRAE wrote at 2009-12-30 05:47:52
IT WAS ONA A COMPILATION RECORD WITH THE SONG 'MEET ME IN MONTANA' A DUET BY DAN SEALS AND MARIE OSMOND... BUT I HAVEN'T BEENABLE TO FIND IT ANYWHERE EITHER :(

dane wrote at 2010-05-25 19:33:47
Its a song by the The Girls Next Door  and is also called Slow Boat To China.  Not the same song as the Jazz version that has been redone a 100 times...

Scubadude wrote at 2010-09-18 04:11:12
Sorry but "Slow Boat to China" WAS recorded by The Girls Next Door. It made the country charts in the mid to late 80's. Hope this helps. I have a copy of the song and it's probably on youtube also.

Ralph wrote at 2011-02-05 11:30:29
I know that song.  I thought it was an all girl group "The Girls Next Door"?  I've been looking for it as well but can't find it.

It's sorta like another song I'm looking for by a country woman "Shauna Smith" or some variation of the name Shauna.  She was called "The Yodeling Cowgirl" but I've been unable to locate any information on her.

akita18 wrote at 2011-11-18 04:18:48
I know this song and The Girls Next Door are the ones who sung this back then.

Mmp wrote at 2012-04-21 11:10:34
It was Marie osmond, but don't try looking for it online. I have it on tape....her best of album.  

lady280z wrote at 2014-04-08 22:12:50
In 1986 The band The Girls Next Door. Recorded this song Slow Boat to China. Totally different than the recorded ones of Bette Miller, Dean Martin,etc. Chorus goes, you told me to take a slow boat to China. Well, I Did and baby nothing could be finer. I'd a slow to anywhere away from you.

Country Music

Nancy Wood