Country Music/Can't find song

Darren Wilhite wrote at 2010-02-11 01:33:20
The song is by Jim Stafford. It's titled "What Mama Don't Know". It was released sometime in the early 80's.

He plays in Branson, Missouri and probably has it available on his website

Rae wrote at 2010-12-11 01:03:43
I remember this song and I loved it,..I am not sure who sings in (maybe John Prine) and I do not know what it is called. I thought it might be something like Mama knows..(not by Shenandoah)But a very funny song. When mama goes blind we're gonna make love in the kitchen,..when her nose goes bad gonna smoke them funny smokes, when her ears give out gonna cuss til I go crazy...then that all I remember for that part. I do remember more,..but not the title and not even 100% positive that it is John Prine.If anybody knows more or knows what the name of the song/artist is PLEASE let me know.

terrell Dougan wrote at 2011-03-09 17:23:02
Try Jim Stafford.

I LOVE that song, cannot find it anywhere.

Here are some more of the lyrics:

(Ending) When that kid moves out, gonna make love in the kitchen

When that kid moves out, won't life be a thrill?

If we EVER get rid of that little rascal, gonna party all night long...

Gonna crawl in the freezer and play a little whip and chill?

Your Mama don't know?  Oh, yo' mama sho knows,

Your mama sho' knows what you're gonna do. ....

Chris wrote at 2011-03-26 06:35:03
It was Jim Stafford.  He sang it on Carson, and my mom about pissed herself.  I wish I could find more about it too.

Joseph Schmo wrote at 2011-09-09 02:16:06
Could be Jim Stafford (spiders and snakes, cow patty).

linds wrote at 2011-10-09 04:47:26
Try Jim Stafford - what mamma don't know or what mamma won't know

Lil wrote at 2016-01-16 21:03:17
The song was sung by Jim Stafford and it's "when moma goes blind"

Country Music

Nancy Wood

I can usually locate song by artist, excerpts and even circa around when the song was released in country, rock and other genres. ****** PLEASE do not ask me about videos. I do not watch them.******** I've been singing since I started talking, singing in public since I was 7. Still at it at 56. I have an extensive repertoire as well as lots of music. I also actively research for other people, including local djs, music that no one else can find, especially being given just paraphrased lines of songs. I'm the one @ karaoke that usually gets asked, "Who did this song?" or "Do you know a song that goes" and if it's country, I usually can name the song and artist, sometimes give within a couple of years the year of release. I've got a lot of lyrics in my database, as well as friends with working musicians who do open mic jams who have even more extensive databases than I do.

I've been singing almost 50 years (next year will be anniversary). I've played in bands (country/country crossover, rock and roll and bluegrass). I've worked sound for quite a few folks whose names are easily recognizable. I've got an extensive database of music, not just country. I've

2 years college
Played in bands, did solo gigs, did sound work for quite a few folks with recognizable names, did official fan club page of Darrell McCall (the first fan club page). Hank Jr and Merle Kilgore was at my wedding, with Merle conducting 'the eulogy.'