Country Music/Song about an old mans life, with a theme of loving his wife

QUESTION: I can't really remember the lyrics to the song. But it has something to do with an old man reminiscing or giving advice to a younger man. He talks about when he was younger and they had a small house and they raised a 5-6 kids on very little. He said something about getting a job too. Then there was a part about its ok to drink a little but don't drink too much. But the theme was something about you can't love a woman too much.

it is not "good stuff", in case you were thinking that...

I remember it being on the radio about 6 years ago.. but that is only a guess.

ANSWER: I believe the song you may be referring to is a song sung by Lee Brice called "Love Like Crazy" But it was released in 2010.

Here is a link to it. Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

QUESTION: Thanks so much! I think I must have been mixing two songs in my head. And you def found one of the songs. Is there a song about "drink a little but not too much"? Thanks!!

Well being country music there are a lot of drinking songs :D But the following song still holds to some of your description of the previous song.

It is Help Somebody by Van Zant. If this isn't it, are there any other parts or memories of the second song?

If this isn't it, are there any other parts or memories of the second song?

Country Music

I am willing to attempt to answer any country music songs from any era.

My Father was big into early country music and therefore I have great knowledge of 60s 70s and 80s music from him. I continued to listen to country music and still do to this day.

Having been exposed to this type of music my entire life I feel that I can answer most questions that are asked in the category. If I do not know the answer, my abilities to research an answer are very good.