Country Music/Drums

I recently watched the movie Your Cheatin' Heart (1964). In this movie Hank had a drummer (with a very small drum set) in his band. Did Hank Williams ever had any drummer in his band?

On the road, it was and still is common for some venues to throw a snare drummer in for certain songs (sometimes a friend of a band member). TV and movies would put studio musicians in for richer sounds. Hank's "Drifting Cowboys" most usual traveling and recording ensemble was a guitar, bass, fiddle and steel guitar.
On the Opry, it is common for some performers to use the stage band but some bring their own and some mix...due to somebody being out sick or unavailable that certain night.

So it is not that uncommon to see or hear a different instrument ever so often.

Country Music

Dr. J. M. Allen

I am a long time fan of Bluegrass and older country/folk music (20-70's) and have a fairly extensive tape and sheet music library of the same and have played the music non-professionally for many years. I can (hopefully) assist with information about artists and lyrics. Please try to make it the older stuff, I don't listen to much "modern" country except George Strait ain't got no soul anymore :)

I grew up in the 60's listening to all the old greats and learned to play the music. I have spent a lot of time reading about the genres and have gotten a chance to meet several of the big names over the years.