Country Music/Who sings the song "Heartland" from the 80's?

David wrote at 2015-02-21 17:33:21
It's "The Heartland" by Steve Wariner.  The answer just dropped into my head while driving today after two solid weeks of racking my brain.  How could I have forgotten?  I loved this guys music!  

...Some Fools Never Learn?  You Can Dream of Me? Lonely Women Make Good Lovers? Life's Highway?  

By the way, I forgot the last verse - but I nailed the rest.  Not bad after 30 years.  

Country Music

I can answer most questions song, genre, and artist related this category. I am the best at 70's to now country and am a bit fuzzy on things much older than that. I am constantly using search engines to find answers to questions I do not know, so I will be able to help!

I have listened to Country music for over 20 years and can usually know a song within the first few opening bars. It's definitely something I love and do on a daily basis.

Bachelors Degree in Business Administration (Management/Marketing) Working towards MBA (Accounting)