Country Music/Daryl Singeltary She sure looks good in black

I love Daryle Singletary's song She Sure Looks Good in Black. My brother and I have this ongoing debate about who sings Amazing Grace at the beginning of the song. I have read that Gordon Mote performs the preacher's sermon and Glen Duncan sings Amazing Grace. He insists that Ralph Stanley is singing Amazing Grace. Can you help me with this brotherly spat?

Hi Larry! I hadn't heard the song before you posted your question, but after a little digging, everything I can find on it says you're right! "She Sure Looks Good In Black" was written by Dale Dodson and Billy Lawson, and it opens with Gordon Mote performing the sermon followed by "Amazing Grace" sung by Glen Duncan. Here's a link to one of the articles I found on the song:

Hope this helps! (And I hope you and your brother have a happy 4th!)

Country Music

I can answer just about any question about lyrics or the artists who recorded the songs--80s and 90s country especially. I don't watch many new videos, but the older the video question, the more likely I am to be able to answer it.

I've been a country music fan for all of my 20+ years! I somehow have a knack for being able to remember all the words to all the songs (and who sang them for the most part) even though I can't carry a tune to save my life!

Juris Doctor. (So if I can't remember an answer off the top of my head, I have the research skills to figure it out!)