Cows/Cattle/Bull Breeding Habits

Question
Someone told my husband that a bull will only mate with a cow until she becomes pregnant and after that will never mate with that particular cow again. To me, this sounds as absurd as a man only having sex with his wife until she gives birth to their first child. Can the cow story be true?

Answer
That's not true!  Bulls will only mate with a female when she's in heat.  That's the only time the female will stand for him in one spot to be bred.  Once she's pregnant, and calves, she begins going into heat again 28 days later.  The same bull will breed her as many time as this cycle repeats.  As long as you own a bull, and you have females, he will breed them all over and over.  Hope this helps.

Cows/Cattle

Becky Gee