Cows/Cattle/fantom pregnancy with a red angus cow

Is it possible for my year old red angus to have a fantom pregnancy she has 1 calf put her to a bull last January but nothing until now she has bagged up and shows all sighns of having a calf

They can have false pregnancies, but more likely that she got bred by the bull.  Did you get her checked by a vet?  The bull may have come into her pen and bred her, then returned to his own without you knowing about it.  They're sneaky like that!  I'd get her preg checked.  An ultrasound is the best way to check for pregnancy.  Also, is there a calf sucking on her?  Even though it wouldn't be hers, females will still bag up and can be stimulated to produce milk by other calves.

Becky Gee

Questions about Dairy cattle. All breeds and all stages of life. I'll answer questions about breeding, milking, common dieases, antibiotic withold times, birthing, weaning, nutrition. Please talk to your veterinarian for specific health questions, or in an emergency, as I AM NOT A VET.

I worked for a small animal veterinarian as an assistant for 4 years. At the same time I was a resident herd manager for a Brown Swiss dairy farm. I've worked with cattle at all stages of life, helped with birthing, and general care of dairy cattle. I'm currently in college majoring in animal science

Lake County 4-H program

Second year animal science student at The Ohio State University