Cows/Cattle/Calf with white infected eyeball

I have a 1 year old calf that has an infected eye, there is no color in it, and it appears to be puss filled it needs to be removed can i do this myself?

The calf might have pink eye.  You can try washing it out with Saline, and then using Terramycin eye ointment.  You may want to call your vet out.  If the eye needs to be removed, you wouldn't be able to do that yourself.  The animal would need sedated, and eye removal is considered a surgery.  If it were to be pink eye, be careful because it's contagious to the other animals.  

Becky Gee

Questions about Dairy cattle. All breeds and all stages of life. I'll answer questions about breeding, milking, common dieases, antibiotic withold times, birthing, weaning, nutrition. Please talk to your veterinarian for specific health questions, or in an emergency, as I AM NOT A VET.

I worked for a small animal veterinarian as an assistant for 4 years. At the same time I was a resident herd manager for a Brown Swiss dairy farm. I've worked with cattle at all stages of life, helped with birthing, and general care of dairy cattle. I'm currently in college majoring in animal science

Lake County 4-H program

Second year animal science student at The Ohio State University