Cows/Cattle/Calf with white infected eyeball

Karin wrote at 2012-12-25 19:08:26
Pink-eye isn't the only cause for infection, you know!!  There could be a foreign object in the eye that has caused an infection, like a piece of hay or grass or anything that can get into the calf's eye.  Definitely get the vet out to have a look at it.  

Becky Gee

Questions about Dairy cattle. All breeds and all stages of life. I'll answer questions about breeding, milking, common dieases, antibiotic withold times, birthing, weaning, nutrition. Please talk to your veterinarian for specific health questions, or in an emergency, as I AM NOT A VET.

I worked for a small animal veterinarian as an assistant for 4 years. At the same time I was a resident herd manager for a Brown Swiss dairy farm. I've worked with cattle at all stages of life, helped with birthing, and general care of dairy cattle. I'm currently in college majoring in animal science

Lake County 4-H program

Second year animal science student at The Ohio State University