my cow miscarried her calf and now is not producing milk, what do i need to do to re-stimulate milk production

Depending on how far along she was when she miscarried, you may not be able to bring her production back up this lactation.  If she miscarried at 8-9 months along, you could exam your nutrition program.  By feeding her a diet higher in energy, you may be able to recover some of her milk production, but my advice would be to dry her off, and re-breed her.  

Becky Gee

Questions about Dairy cattle. All breeds and all stages of life. I'll answer questions about breeding, milking, common dieases, antibiotic withold times, birthing, weaning, nutrition. Please talk to your veterinarian for specific health questions, or in an emergency, as I AM NOT A VET.

I worked for a small animal veterinarian as an assistant for 4 years. At the same time I was a resident herd manager for a Brown Swiss dairy farm. I've worked with cattle at all stages of life, helped with birthing, and general care of dairy cattle. I'm currently in college majoring in animal science

Lake County 4-H program

Second year animal science student at The Ohio State University