Cows/Cattle/yearly cost dairy cattle vet bill

Question
i am intrested inbuying a dairy cow and was wondering the yearly cost of vet bills for a dairy cow

Answer
Katie,

Sorry it took me so long to get back with you.  Good question, yearly vet bills.  Well, part of the cost would depend on the age of the cow you buy.  Just like people, the older they get, the more health problems they get.  Buying a heifer (young between ages birth and 2) would be your best bet. The only vet costs you would have would be vaccines and wellness exams.  2 vet visits a year usually.  This runs about $150.00 per visit.  So about $300 for the year. If they have problems though, it will run higher.  Vet bills for emergencies can go up to $600-$1000 depending on the emergency.  Hope this helps!

Cows/Cattle

Becky Gee