Cows/Cattle/catarrhal fever aka blue tongue

I am tying to find out more information on catarrhal fever  aka blue tongue  disease and was hoping that you could help me. What i am trying to find out is the following:

What are the effects to the animals system and how it travels through their body?

Incidence of survival of the disease?

Residual effects of the disease on recovery?

Sorry I can't give you any information off the top of my head.  I can do some research and get back with you.  It seems like something you don't hear much about these days.  I'll look into it, and reply back as soon as I can.

Thank you,
Becky Gee

Becky Gee

Questions about Dairy cattle. All breeds and all stages of life. I'll answer questions about breeding, milking, common dieases, antibiotic withold times, birthing, weaning, nutrition. Please talk to your veterinarian for specific health questions, or in an emergency, as I AM NOT A VET.

I worked for a small animal veterinarian as an assistant for 4 years. At the same time I was a resident herd manager for a Brown Swiss dairy farm. I've worked with cattle at all stages of life, helped with birthing, and general care of dairy cattle. I'm currently in college majoring in animal science

Lake County 4-H program

Second year animal science student at The Ohio State University