Cows/Cattle/catarrhal fever aka blue tongue

Karin wrote at 2012-12-25 18:58:47
<Sigh> Oh Becky, all you had to do was look in the Merck Veterinary Manual on Blue Tongue.

Blue-tongue is more prevalent and a bigger worry in sheep and goats than cattle.  

But if I were you, I'd look at the Merck Veterinary Manual on Blue-tongue, found here:

Becky Gee

Questions about Dairy cattle. All breeds and all stages of life. I'll answer questions about breeding, milking, common dieases, antibiotic withold times, birthing, weaning, nutrition. Please talk to your veterinarian for specific health questions, or in an emergency, as I AM NOT A VET.

I worked for a small animal veterinarian as an assistant for 4 years. At the same time I was a resident herd manager for a Brown Swiss dairy farm. I've worked with cattle at all stages of life, helped with birthing, and general care of dairy cattle. I'm currently in college majoring in animal science

Lake County 4-H program

Second year animal science student at The Ohio State University