Cows/Cattle/sick steer

Question
I have a steer that is 1 year old and has diarrhea. He is laying down and doesn't seem to feel well. This is my first steer and do not know what to do.

Answer
Hi Jim,

Sorry to hear about your steer.  Can you give me a little more information please?

Is he on full feed?  Is he a show steer, or one you're growing out to process?  How long has he had diarrhea?  Does he get up and down, or kick at his belly?  Do you see any blood in the diarrhea?  When he's feeling okay, what is he eating?  Is he on pasture?

If you'll answer these questions, I'll try and help!  You can send your response to me at:  thebulllady@hotmail.com

Eileen

Cows/Cattle

Eileen DuJardin