Cows/Cattle/weaned calf

Question
We just bought 2 weaned calves. Both eating feed and hay good, alert, no discharge from nose but the little one I can see him shaking. Is that anything to worry about as long as they are putting on weight and eyes and nose clear? We have only had them 2 days so it may just be where things are still strange to them? We have them in a stall not outside, Thanks so much.
Joy

Answer
Is he shaking when he eats?  If so, you may want to feed him more often, with smaller amounts.  Sometimes they will shake when they eat if they've gone long periods without eating.  It has to do with the way their body is up taking the energy, and all body systems are fighting for it.  If he's doing OK, then I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.  You can always have them checked by your vet if this continues.

Cows/Cattle

Becky Gee