Cows/Cattle/bby calf

Question
Hi I have a five day old bull calf approach.100 lbs the mother rejected it now we r bottle deeding it we got the calf replacer a little to rich n now the calf is constipated what can I do for him I have trued everything I know, thank u john

Answer
John,

So sorry for the delay... I've been on vacation.

Why do you think the calf is constipated?  Whay type of milk replacer are you using?  How much are you feeding him?

Why did the mother reject it?  Just curious... sometimes if the mother doesn't seem to want the calf, you can pen them together in a small pen and leave them for a couple of days, and she'll give in.

Let me know if I can still help.

Eileen

Cows/Cattle

Eileen DuJardin