Cows/Cattle/bby calf

Hi I have a five day old bull calf approach.100 lbs the mother rejected it now we r bottle deeding it we got the calf replacer a little to rich n now the calf is constipated what can I do for him I have trued everything I know, thank u john

So sorry for the delay... I've been on vacation.

Why do you think the calf is constipated?  Whay type of milk replacer are you using?  How much are you feeding him?

Why did the mother reject it?  Just curious... sometimes if the mother doesn't seem to want the calf, you can pen them together in a small pen and leave them for a couple of days, and she'll give in.

Let me know if I can still help.

Eileen DuJardin

I can answer most types of cattle questions, primarily beef types. Genetics, breeding, basic care, herd health and management, and showing. I'm knowledgeable in forages and feeding. Non emergency health and soundness questions. I am not a veterinary, and can't answer critical care questions. Call your local large animal vet for that service.

I've been a registered cattle breeder for over 20 years. My husband and I run a 250 acre cattle ranch in Texas. I've raised dairy cattle, commercial cattle, and registered and show cattle. I'm on our county Beef and Forage committee.

American Simmental Association. American Brahman Breeders Association. Falls County Beef and Forage Committee. Texas Farm Bureau

Associates Degree in computer science.

Many ribbons and placings in cattle showing, with most recent being: 2011 Fort Worth Stock Show, Senior Champion Simmental, and Houston Livestock Show Reserve Champion Senior Simmental.