Cows/Cattle/My cow sneezing problem

I am writing to see if you know what is wrong with my cow. She is a dairy breed. She just turned 3yr this year. For about a year she is having a sneezing problem. When she starts sneezing its almost like she can not get out or stop sneezing. It sounds like she is going to blow her lungs out, it is that loud. She has no rattling in the chest or in her breathing and that was after having her jog from one end of the bottom to the feed area. I was told that it's allergies by a vet clinic, but I am second guessing that. I am at a lost in what it could be, can you help me, please. Thank you.

ok, you may want to have a second opinion from another vet.  She could have a lung condition, or it could very well be allergies.  Call a vet who knows cattle.  I've not heard too much about lung worms in cattle, but it could happen.  How many cows do you have?  Are any others coughing???  

Becky Gee

Questions about Dairy cattle. All breeds and all stages of life. I'll answer questions about breeding, milking, common dieases, antibiotic withold times, birthing, weaning, nutrition. Please talk to your veterinarian for specific health questions, or in an emergency, as I AM NOT A VET.

I worked for a small animal veterinarian as an assistant for 4 years. At the same time I was a resident herd manager for a Brown Swiss dairy farm. I've worked with cattle at all stages of life, helped with birthing, and general care of dairy cattle. I'm currently in college majoring in animal science

Lake County 4-H program

Second year animal science student at The Ohio State University