Cows/Cattle/heifer calf

calf is having hard time urinating and bm

That's not much information to go on!

How old is the calf?  Bottle calf or on a cow?  Symptoms?  Does she strain and act like it's painful?  Urinating frequently?   How long has it been going on?  Is she eating anything or just nursing?

If you'll give me more information I'll give you some suggestions.

Eileen DuJardin

I can answer most types of cattle questions, primarily beef types. Genetics, breeding, basic care, herd health and management, and showing. I'm knowledgeable in forages and feeding. Non emergency health and soundness questions. I am not a veterinary, and can't answer critical care questions. Call your local large animal vet for that service.

I've been a registered cattle breeder for over 20 years. My husband and I run a 250 acre cattle ranch in Texas. I've raised dairy cattle, commercial cattle, and registered and show cattle. I'm on our county Beef and Forage committee.

American Simmental Association. American Brahman Breeders Association. Falls County Beef and Forage Committee. Texas Farm Bureau

Associates Degree in computer science.

Many ribbons and placings in cattle showing, with most recent being: 2011 Fort Worth Stock Show, Senior Champion Simmental, and Houston Livestock Show Reserve Champion Senior Simmental.