Cows/Cattle/water trough

Question
i was wondering what is the best method to prevent algae from their water trough. thank you so much

Answer
Good afternoon,

A couple of things I would suggest.

If you can put the water tank so it's not under trees or in the shade most of the time, that will greatly reduce your algae.

Second, get some goldfish!  You'll have to be careful if the tank is metal, because sometimes the water will get too hot, but I've had good luck going to the pet store and getting half a dozen 25 cent goldfish and putting them in the water trough!  I've had them get as big as 6 or 8 inches!

Good luck!

Eileen

Cows/Cattle

Eileen DuJardin