Crafts/Covering a leather surface?

Question
The briefcase
The briefcase  
Greetings Dodie!

I attended a lecture and we got this wonderful leather briefcase.

The briefcase is gorgeous except for the front part, which has fonts & logos engraved on it. I would love to cover it up, but I'm not sure how?

I was thinking of attaching paisley fabric somehow? Or maybe that won't work?

I don't know what to do but I'm sure there are some ways to decorate this briefcase.

I hope you can help me out of this jam. Thank you :)

Answer
Having perused the marks on your briefcase, I think you will have to work with a heavier fabric. My advice would be to try a piece of Brocade,a heavy jacquard-type fabric. It's flexible enough to manipulate, but strong enough to hold up over the slippery leather on your briefcase.
Brocade can be found in any fabric shop, or you could purchase online. (...which, in this case, probably wouldn't be such a good idea. That is, you would be unable to feel the fabric.)
You will probably find a pattern you like. If you don't, after having seen & felt the brocade, you may find one you like better than what you've seen in the store.
I hope I have been, at least, a small help?!
Best of Luck...
Dodie

Crafts

Dodie Casey