Creative Writing/writing

hi Brian, i am Prasad. i like putting my ideas on the paper but i am  not good at using english vocabulary in writing. does it require sound knowledge of vocabulary to convey my idea? how can i effectively convey my ideas through writing? sir,please answer these questions and help me. thank you.

Hi Prasad!

The simple answer to your question is no, an immense vocabulary is extremely helpful, but not necessary.  Many writers have utilized simple and lean prose to convey very powerful messages and emotions.  Really, you'll want to focus on what you're good at.  For example, the most natural dialogue doesn't require vocabulary, it requires the ability to really know your characters and become them.

Start by reading and emulating other authors who write in a way you like.  I would suggest Ernest Hemingway, F. Scott Fitzgerald and James Jones.

Hope that gets you started!  Good luck with your writing, and keep at it!

Creative Writing

Brian Connelly

I can answer questions about how to start writing creatively, how to keep motivated to finish a creative writing project or write creatively on a consistent basis, how to come up with creative writing ideas and how to improve creative writing in general.

My university major was English literature, and I've been a (mostly) amateur writer for about 20 years.

Quill Books Poetry Anthology Local Alaskan newspaper

Bachelor's in English Literature (North Carolina State University)

Editor's choice award for one short story and one poem Three published poems in national anthologies