Credit Repair/Complicated Balance Transfers

Question
I'm about to head back to graduate school and need to start saving for some lean times.  I have a lower interest credit card with a 0% balance transfer APR that is at 50% of my balance limit.  I have another card at a higher interest rate that is at 60% of the limit.  Would it be worth it credit-wise to transfer the balance of the 2nd credit card the the first even if the balance of the 1st would be at 80% of the limit?

Answer
Emily,

I would not worry about the transfer based on credit. It is only a concern when your credit cards are below 50% utilization. They are not.

It would not effect your credit too much to transfer to the 0% interest card.

Also, I would be more worried about the minimum payment due rather than credit score if times are about to get lean.

Chris

Credit Repair

Chris Ebert