Credit Repair/7 Yrs Bad Credit Falls Off Report?

I understand that you only asnwer for TX and CA but possibly this applies to all since this regards the credit report. "I would like to know if 'bad' credit falls off your credit report after 7 years. This is not saying you do not owe your creditor, just that is comes off of the report as long as you have had no communication with them during those 7 years. Also, does 'good' credit come off after 10 years? Thank you for your time!"

Negative credit may stay on your credit report for 7 years (7.5 years for credit cards) from the date of last payment, repo, or foreclosure. Your communication with creditors should not affect the statute. Debt collectors must remove their negative entry based on the original creditor' date of last payment too.

Most good credit stays on your credit report for 10 years. I have seen it stay on longer.

Credit Repair

Chris Ebert

I can answer questions for Texas residents concerning issues that involve creditor and debtor rights. Specifically, I can answer questions concerning: FDCPA, FACTA, FCRA, and Texas state collections violations. Further I can guide consumers as how to repair their own credit with out the need for hiring a credit repair company.

For the last 10 years I have worked as a Sr. Paralegal in a law firm ( that defends debtors against their creditors. I have reviewed thousands of credit reports and under the supervision of our attorney helped thousands of clients resolve their credit issues.

The Ramos Law Firm

University of Texas at Austin