Credit Repair/30 day late payment

QUESTION: I just had a 30 day late payment on a credit card (just a slip up)

Here are my  credit scores:
         60 days ago          now          {drop}
 Equifax       759          691          {68}  
 Experian      769          731          {38}
 Trans Union   760          740          {20}
average(60 days ago) 756    (now)   720          {42)  drop now

How long will it take for my credit score to go up ?

Thanks for your time_________________

ANSWER: Hello Bob,

The last 6 months of payment history carries the most weight when calculating a credit score. So as long as you make all of your payments on time from here on out, your credit score should come back up within the next 6 months.

If this is the first late payment you have ever had with the credit card company, I would suggest that you send them a Goodwill Letter and ask for a courtesy adjustment.

Good Luck!

QUESTION: thanks for the info....should I send the goodwill letter to the capitol one po box address? or would it be better if I'd send it to the president of capital one financial corp.?
Can I just email him? (I have his email address) or would it be better if I send him an actual letter?
Thanks for your time......

Hi Bob,

Mail the letter to the P.O. Box address, just be sure to put "Capital One, ATTN: Customer Relations" at the top.
If that doesn't work, mail another letter to the president of Cap One and send an email.
Be persistent, but always courteous.  

Credit Repair

Michael Abramsky

I can answer questions for U.S. consumers that have issues with their credit reports, improving their credit scores, and dealing with debt collectors. I have extensive knowledge of the FCRA, FDCPA, FCBA, HIPAA, as well as the CDIA's Metro-2 and eOscar credit reporting systems. I am not an Attorney and do not offer Legal advise.

As a Senior Credit Consultant for I help clients leverage consumer protection laws and rebuild their credit to improve their credit scores.

Loyola University Chicago Villanova University CSSBB