Credit Repair/Low APR Cards

Question
1. Is it okay to carry a balance on a 0% APR card during its intro period as long as you pay the balance before the promotion ends to avoid paying interest (even if you have the means to pay it off in full every month)? It seems like this is a benefit of the low APR otherwise what's the difference between it and another card with a higher APR?

2. Does it appear to lenders that you are not able to manage money if you do this?

Answer
Danni,

I personally think that maxing out a 0% interest credit card on a short term basis is not a bad way to borrow money. It will lower your FICO score because it increases your credit utilization. This is the ratio of the balance to the credit limit. The higher this ratio goes then the lower your credit score goes.

When you pay off the card then the FICO score will recover and be higher again.

Credit Repair

Chris Ebert