Credit Repair/Hello

Question
I need assistance.  My once sparkling credit score of 800+ recently took a big hit due to my complacency... With an ignorant thought that I needed to open another credit line to ensure I kept a great score (more is better, right?), I somehow missed a payment.

I paid a statement with a due date of 1/18 on 3/3.... I thought this was going to be considered a 30 day late, but the reports show it as 60.  How?

How should I handle this?  Is this correct?  I'd like to get it reduced to 30 or even better, removed because it is not accurate... or is it?  

Thanks in advance.

Answer
Manny,

Hi! I could not tell you whether is late or not because that is up to lenders billing cycle. Whether is 30 or 60 days past due, I suggest calling the creditor to see if they can do a courtesy removal of at least one late payment.

Often creditors are willing to remove at least one late payment if there is not a history of late payments and if they think the client is in mortgage process. If the front line customer service can not assist in your goals I suggest trying to contact the Executive Customer Service. They often can find a person that may have more flexibility in their decision.

Good Luck!

Credit Repair

Chris Ebert