Creditors and Bankruptcy/Bankers Remedies

I have recently filed bankruptcy and I have a 1st and 2nd mortgage on my home. I am current on my 1st but in default on the 2nd. I am aware of the possibility of foreclosure by the 2nd but because the house is "underwater" I do not believe they will do that. Can you please give me some ideas of other remedies the bank may try to collect. This way I can consider the big picture before deciding.

Under the circumstances you describe, I agree with your analysis.    However, there may be another remedy that you might want to consider.    Depending on facts you do not state in your question, it may be possible for you to eliminate the 2nd mortgage altogether.     

However, I am reluctant to say more without knowing more specific facts about your situation.    This would be easier to talk about on the telephone.  You are welcome to call me at any time you wish at this number.   I will not charge you just to talk on the phone.

Jack Hall J.D.
915  261-3893

Creditors and Bankruptcy

Bankruptcy Services

Can answer questions about bankruptcy, lawsuits or judgments that have been filed against you. Also can answer questions about tax issues, property that is facing foreclosure, repossession of vehicles, and wage garnishments. 915 261-3893

Over 30 years experience assisting consumers with lawsuits and bankruptcy matters since graduating from law school.

Numerous published appellate court opinions; Law review publications; Article on consumer bankruptcy in Black Enterprise magazine; was requested to author a book on consumer bankruptcy by Doubleday Publishers

Over twenty years of education including law degree (J.D.); masters and bachelors degrees in political science; author of magazine articles related to consumer bankruptcy; hundreds of hours of continuing education legal education and seminars

Have had well over a thousand bankruptcy clients during the past 30 years and have had many clients in civil lawsuits during the same time period