Creditors and Bankruptcy/Promissory Note (Creditor)

Thank you, for your time.  I wrote a promissory note, for $210,000, promised to a friend's uncle, underwritten by property in the D.C. area, in 2005.  Unfortunately, this uncle filed for bankruptcy last year, and the "Creditor's meeting" is upcoming.  I assumed, that since the promissory note was directly underwritten by the property, my loss was limited to the value of that property, even if the sale was forced.  I have come to figure out, I might be wrong, and lose my entire investment, because of the unsecured nature of promissory notes.  Please give me your unbiased feedback, at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

Hello Mr. Tucker:     I see that you just posted this question.    I can help you but need to know more about the nature of the security, or as you put it, the "underwriting" that accompanied the note.    If you call me I can look up your bankruptcy on the computer and give you a better answer, but without knowing more specific information there is no way that I, or anyone else, can fairly comment on this circumstance.    If you call me now, I will not charge you just to talk on the phone.      You can call me at this number directly:     

Jack Hall, J.D.
Bankruptcy Services
915  261-3893

Creditors and Bankruptcy

Bankruptcy Services

Can answer questions about bankruptcy, lawsuits or judgments that have been filed against you. Also can answer questions about tax issues, property that is facing foreclosure, repossession of vehicles, and wage garnishments. 915 261-3893

Over 30 years experience assisting consumers with lawsuits and bankruptcy matters since graduating from law school.

Numerous published appellate court opinions; Law review publications; Article on consumer bankruptcy in Black Enterprise magazine; was requested to author a book on consumer bankruptcy by Doubleday Publishers

Over twenty years of education including law degree (J.D.); masters and bachelors degrees in political science; author of magazine articles related to consumer bankruptcy; hundreds of hours of continuing education legal education and seminars

Have had well over a thousand bankruptcy clients during the past 30 years and have had many clients in civil lawsuits during the same time period