Creditors and Bankruptcy/Promissory Note (Creditor)

Question
Thank you, for your time.  I wrote a promissory note, for $210,000, promised to a friend's uncle, underwritten by property in the D.C. area, in 2005.  Unfortunately, this uncle filed for bankruptcy last year, and the "Creditor's meeting" is upcoming.  I assumed, that since the promissory note was directly underwritten by the property, my loss was limited to the value of that property, even if the sale was forced.  I have come to figure out, I might be wrong, and lose my entire investment, because of the unsecured nature of promissory notes.  Please give me your unbiased feedback, at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

Answer
Hello Mr. Tucker:     I see that you just posted this question.    I can help you but need to know more about the nature of the security, or as you put it, the "underwriting" that accompanied the note.    If you call me I can look up your bankruptcy on the computer and give you a better answer, but without knowing more specific information there is no way that I, or anyone else, can fairly comment on this circumstance.    If you call me now, I will not charge you just to talk on the phone.      You can call me at this number directly:     

Jack Hall, J.D.
Bankruptcy Services
915  261-3893

Creditors and Bankruptcy

Bankruptcy Services