Creditors and Bankruptcy/medical bill payments

I have recently been sued by a certain vein clinic for non payment of a bill that I owed. I called these people and told them I would like to set up a payment plan and they agreed. I paid them $97.00 on a $297.00 bill in May of this year. In the mean time I received a summons telling me I was being sued for the $200.00 I still owed. Before I got this summons however, I called to make another payment and was told they would not except any more payments due to the fact that there was already a suit filed against me. So, we went to the court date as required and told the attorney our situation. He said he would look into it. The problem is, now that we have been sue we now owe a total of $506.00 $200.00 original amount owed, $200.00 attorney fee, $92.00 court filing fee, and 14.00 interest for a total of $506.00. $306.00 more of what I didn't have in the first in the first place. Is there any way I can get out of paying all these legal fees? The attorney is going to set up a date to talk with a judge. We are going to offer a certain monthly payment but still am appalled with having to pay the attorney all that extra money. should we make up our own monthly expense report? Thank you for your time, Christine Miller

Hello Christine:     It wouldn't surprise me at all if the judge or the attorney on the other side were non help whatsoever.    However, there may be another way that you can avoid this whole lawsuit and not have to worry about going to court any more on this case, and not have to pay the other sides attorney fees either.

What I have in mind entirely depends on your particular situation and it would be much easier to talk about this on the phone.  I will not charge you just to talk on the phone and I can then explain your present options in more detail.   Call me anytime at this number.

915  261-3893

Creditors and Bankruptcy

Bankruptcy Services

Can answer questions about bankruptcy, lawsuits or judgments that have been filed against you. Also can answer questions about tax issues, property that is facing foreclosure, repossession of vehicles, and wage garnishments. 915 261-3893

Over 30 years experience assisting consumers with lawsuits and bankruptcy matters since graduating from law school.

Numerous published appellate court opinions; Law review publications; Article on consumer bankruptcy in Black Enterprise magazine; was requested to author a book on consumer bankruptcy by Doubleday Publishers

Over twenty years of education including law degree (J.D.); masters and bachelors degrees in political science; author of magazine articles related to consumer bankruptcy; hundreds of hours of continuing education legal education and seminars

Have had well over a thousand bankruptcy clients during the past 30 years and have had many clients in civil lawsuits during the same time period