Creditors and Bankruptcy/Unwanted - re aproved credit card offers in Mail

Question
QUESTION: I have 3-4 credit card companies that I did some business with in the past, I called them 5 moths ago and asked them to stop sending credit card offers. Some said 6 weeks , some said 90 days. I continue to get offers from one. Isn't there some mechanism where I can sue them ? I remember someone collecting 200 from unwanted junk mail
I have already opted out but my understanding that is these are exceptions as I once did business with them, right?
From a fellow expert
Rich

ANSWER: If it's bugging you enough to want to sue them, it's worth putting your request in writing. A phone call is not evidence. What is your damages theory? What injury have you suffered from the offers?

Brian V. Lee, Esq.
www.lee-legal.com

QUESTION: My questions is about a specific law  related to junk mail not about suits in general. Have you heard of a law  where you follow a set of specific steps(put request in writing) and if the sender doesn't comply , they have to send you $200 ? If not who would you recommend to ask.
It does bug me to have unsolicited pre-approved credit card offers sitting in my unguarded mail box.  FTC says 70% of all identity theft  happens at the mail box.

Answer
The three major credit bureaus sell lists of individuals who meet certain credit criteria. To remove your name from the generated lists, call the “Opt Out” hotline for the three major credit bureaus Equifax, Experian, and Trans Union at: 1-888-5-OPT-OUT (888-567-8688) or “Opt Out” online at: www.optoutprescreen.com. You may choose to “opt out” of such offers for five years or permanently.

Creditors and Bankruptcy

Brian V. Lee, Esq.