Creditors and Bankruptcy/Bank Card Fraud

Question
Mr. Lee  -  I have a fraudulent charge against my Chase Bank card.  It appears a lady in Oklahoma has ordered a sex toy from Adam & Eve, Inc. and the amount of $296.23 is charged to my bank card.  I have disputed the charge with Chase  customer service in two letters, but they seem indifferent to the problem and insist it is a valid charge. The person who signed for the delivery is someone unknown to me.  What else can I do to resolve this?  Your expertise in this matter would be much appreciated.

Answer
$296.23?  That is some sex toy.

You must threaten to sue Chase in writing by certified mail to their fraud department (call for the address), then follow up with them by phone, likely several times.  I would recommend hiring a lawyer but the fees would likely eclipse the charge. I understand your outrage, though: I would not pay that particular debt, either, if I didn't incur it.

Good luck!

Brian V. Lee
www.lee-legal.com
Debt settlement DC, VA, MD

Creditors and Bankruptcy

Brian V. Lee, Esq.