Creditors and Bankruptcy/Judgement, Lien and Bank Levy

Question
Sorry Leon, my last question was too long. I have a judgement against me, lien on home and bank accounts levied, but the proof of service is a lie, can I do anything?

Answer
You may be able to present the court with a motion to vacate the judgment and quash service of the summons. I do not practice in that area, only in Federal bankruptcy court so I don't know what the time limits are for you to do that. If you want to go that route you should consult a litigation attorney immediately.

Winning a motion to vacate does not get rid of the debt. It only gives you the right to participate in a new trial.

Let's just suppose you bring a successful motion to vacate the judgment. At that point, you can consider yourself served without the necessity of a process server looking for you. Do you have any real defense to the claim? If you owe the money, you are going to return to the same situation you're already in.

You may find it useful to look at some of my bankruptcy information resources. I have free consumer bankruptcy book posted on line at www.bestbankruptcybook.com and my blog site, which has about 250 seperate articles about bankruptcy tips and advice at www.mybankruptcy.lawyer  

Creditors and Bankruptcy

Los Angeles Bankruptcy Attorney Leon Bayer