Cricket/Switch Hit - LBW & Wide calls

Satish wrote at 2011-05-01 13:34:05
Hi Suhas, the way you explained was really good, but i have a question here, let me tell the scenario first, The batsman is a right handed and changes his instance to left to play the reverse sweep and now the ball is bowled to the leg side of the right handed since the batsmen has changed the instance it is not a wide ball(as per the above explanation). Now my question is if the ball is on to the offside of the right handed batsmen and he misses it while playing the reverse sweep should it be a wide?  

Hawk wrote at 2011-08-19 17:39:20
Suhas,

I am not sure you are correct- you state "when the ball comes into play" - that is at the start of the bowlers run up, not before delivery.

Suhas Sapre wrote at 2012-01-07 02:38:57

To add to my previous answer  and to your further query I would say,whenever batsman changes his stance, his off side and on side always remain the same. If he chooses to play reverse sweep, we should only consider his originality of his being right handed batsman and what we apply the rule of wide ball, that should continue with the reverse sweep, too. As far as his stance is considered, it should be considered when ball comes into play.

S Sapre

Rahul wrote at 2013-04-09 09:50:01
Means if u r right handed batsman and you play reverse sweep and ball goes Wide as per the right handed batsman then it is wide ball....

Cricket

Suhas L Sapre