Cricket/Age factor

Hello sir,

This is Nikhil Mukund.V from chennai and hope u remember me asking you questions about umpiring. Now TNCA has been giving the forms for level 1 umpiring. The only criteria was the age, and the minimum age was 25 for applying. Am 22 years of age and i also requested them but they said my application wont be processed if the age is below 25 or above 45. I guess there is no chance for me to write the exam for the next 3 years. Is the limits set by the BCCI or the individual state cricketing boards? Is there any other alternative to be an official cricket umpire recognized by BCCI? Much awaiting for reply sir.

Kind Regards

Nikhil Mukund.V

hi nikhil,

it is nise u have passion for umpiring but the age is set by the state associations so, u have to convience them that u r the one they r looking for, there is no alternative u have to go with u r state assn., till they permit u to sit for bcci exam, do more local games, u will get exposure and also u will give u r best when u sit for exam

RKR Chirra

you can ask me questions on laws of cricket,subject to all but questions will be answered on the basis of icc conditions

qualifeid cricket umpire and scorer from india