Cricket/asking question to expert

Question
SIR,GOOD AFTERNOON, THIS IS DURGA DATTA DAS FROM CUTTACK(ODISHA).SIR MY AGE IS 25yrs. I AM UMPIRING FROM LAST 7yrs IN LOCAL AND CLUB MATCHES.IN MONTH OF OCT-2012 I ENROLL MY NAME IN ODISHA CRICKET ASSOCIATION.I WANT TO MAKE MY HOBBY INTO PROFESSION.SO I WANT TO KNOW ON WHICH MONTH BCCI GOING TO ORGANIZE LEVEL-1 TEST.PLZ HELP ME TO FULFILL MY DREAM. PLZ SEND SOME SAMPLE QUESTION PAPER ON MY MAIL ID.

Answer
hi

good to hear youngster like u is intrested to become a umpire which is most thankless job on the feild.

well first i would like to make u clear that in India you cannot be a Professional cricket umpire until you reach a level like standing in ICC games...then only u can think f becoming professional like simon or any other, so first concentrate on the settling your career and then continue your passion towards achieving your goal to become an umpire.

To become a L-1 umpire the exam will be conducted somewhere around march but be in touch with your local state Assn. as they will have the correct dates informed to them by bcci when they conduct the exam, also find out a bcci umpire from your place where you r resideing so, that he can guide you through the process

regards
RKR

Cricket

RKR Chirra