Cricket/New Ball

Hello Sir,
         In A Test Match How Many times is a new ball taken and is it compulsory ?

Hello Kunal,
Nice to See you people asking these type of good questions.

in a test match a new ball can is available after a span of every 80 overs but it isn't mandatory but after 100 overs it is mandatory to take a new ball it is same for the two teams.

eg: if a new ball is taken at 87.2 overs it is considered as a new ball taken at 87 over and another new ball is available at 167 over but it is mandatory to take a new ball at 187 over.

thank you for asking such questions.

Sai Datta

All Types Of Questions On laws Of Cricket,Umpiring And Scoring.And Also Can Help You In Your Cricket Career.Queries Related To The Laws Of The Game.Anyone Feel Free To Ask Me,Always Available !

I Played Many First Class Matches Representing Hyderabad.I Am A First Class Umpire,I Have Been Working As A Umpire In The Hyderabad Cricket Association For The Past 23 Years.And Worked At Past As A Scorer For About 2 Years.

Hyderabad Cricket Association

I Have Done My Graduation From Loyola Degree College.And Not Opted For Higher Studies For The Love Of Cricket And To Pursue My Career In This Field.

I Have Been Awarded With The Senior Most Umpire And Many State Awards for My Umpiring And have Several Sets Of Them.Having The Best Domestic Umpire From The BCCI For 7 Years.