QUESTION: Hello Sir,
         When A Batsmen Scores 200 How Does They Count It,i Mean They Consider It In Terms Of 4 Fifty's Or 2 Hundred's ?

ANSWER: Dear Sai Datta,

Thanks for back to back questions. Its great of you to come with different questions. Very nice of you, thanks.

When a batsman scores 50, it is said that he has reached his 22nd fifty in test match or ODI
When the 50 is convereted into 100, it is not the 22nd fifty that counts,but it will be his 15th test century. The number of half century remains the same. Similarly, if he converts 100 into 200 or 300, it is only his 15th test century that will count, but out of 15 it will be counted as including one or two  double century, or a triple century. So the number of century  will remain the same as 15th century only. He has scored 15th centuries including two double and one triple century.

Hope you understand. Thanks, with best wishes,

Suhas Sapre (Baroda 18/11/2012)

QUESTION: hello sir,
         for suppose if a batsmen previously has 14 fifty's and 10 hundreds then when he hit's 50 in the present match it become's 15 fifty and when he continues to hit hundred they count it as 11th hundred but not as 15 fifty right sir?(as in means of your previous answer)you have answered me but i'm little confused

Dear Sai Dutta,

I already made it very clear in simple language that if a player scores half century, i.e. if he is out between 50 to 99, it is called half century. And suppose this is his 10th fifty.

But the same half century is converted into 100, it will be considered his maiden century and not 10th or 11th half century. So half century will stand at 9 only. This is his first century, as it will count.

Further if he converts this into double century or triple or quadrangular century, it will be only his first maiden century. Thanks for giving me lot of opportunities to help new viewers around.

So 9 half centuries and 1 century.

Ok, confusion is over, no doubts now, enjoy.

With best wishes,

Suhas Sapre (Baroda 09/12/2012)

Suhas L Sapre

I can help to give all questions regarding cricket laws, rules on both umpiring and cricket scoring. It will be a great pleasure to help any candidate who wants to clear the exam of BCCI. I can guide him how the questions are asked and the way they should be replied. I can also conduct classes for Cricket umpiring and scoring anywhere. I look forward to educate and promote local umpires in the days to come. I would help them to get through BCCI Level 1 exam.

I have been a state panel cricket umpire and doing umpiring for last 40 years and also a BCCI official national scorer since 2004, having done many International ODIs played at Baroda and many first class matches in Baroda. I have passed many state panel exams in both categories.

I was serving with State Bank of India, as an Officer, posted at Bodeli branch, some 65 Kmts from Baroda, having taken promotion in August 2012. I was thereafter transferred to Pavi Jepur Br, some 90 kmts from Baroda on 20/12/2013. Recently I have taken VRS from Bank as after becoming an officer I was facing lot of problems regarding leave to attend BCCI matches as a scorer and also Local umpiring and thus hampering my sporting activities. Now to enable me to spare more time for my passion, I have opted for VRS and was relieved on 30/01/2016 and now will look forward to enjoy my passion in the remaining years.Look forward to remain busy with cricketing activities for next one decade and more.Look forward to help my cricket colleagues. Look forward to give off my best services to my passion, which has taught me many more things and now I feel I must contribute towards the local cricket association, i.e. Baroda Cricket Association with all love and enthusiasm in the coming years.I feel proud to take VRS for the sake of my passion. Its a great feeling that I have taken a bold decision in the wake of my passion which has given me enjoyment and physical fitness to enjoy the game of cricket in the the days to come. Now I feel myself as a free bird and no tension. Look forward to help budding umpires.

Earlier I used to write in local newspaper but thereafter time has not permitted me to do so. I give my views over the controversial topic.

I am a degree holder of Commerce and having a reputed banking job in Baroda. Recently due to some personal problems and to fulfil my love and passion for the game of cricket I have opted volunteer retirement from the Bank service to enable me to do BCCI matches as an Official scorer in first class matches. Taking promotion in Bank and expecting leave for the matches was a major problem and that is one of the reasons to quit bank ahead of cricket.

I have passed several examination of cricket umpiring at State levels. I passed Mumbai cricket Association as well as Baroda Cricket Associations state exams. I had also cleared national written test of BCCI, but unfortunately sheer bad luck in viva and practical. I have also stood first in the Scorers' state level examinations at Saurashtra, exam conducted by Saurashtra Cricket Association and also stood first in Mumbai Cricket Association's Scorers' exam. I further cleared the BCCI national exam in the year 1994 held at Ahmedabad. In all I have officiated as an Umpire in more than 3500 matches, including T20, ODI, 3-4-5/days matches, 6-aside, double wicket tournaments, single wicket tournaments, and many more festival events and charity matches. I have also officiated as an official scorer in many first class cricket matches as well as almost all ODI matches played at the IPCL/ Reliance Cricket ground in Baroda. In all I have officiated as an official scorer in not less than 300 matches. I have been appointed a Sports Secretary of SBI in Baroda (2010 to 2012) I have been elected as one of the Umpires' committee of Baroda Cricket Association on 23.04.2012 Looking forward to take care of local umpires and will try to educate them. Recently I was privileged to conduct a 3-day cricket Umpires seminar on 7 to 9 September, 2012 along with Shri Sanjay Hazare, BCCI Elite panel cricket umpire. This was my first ever experience to conduct a seminar, which had almost 60 participants. I am thankful to the Baroda Cricket Association for giving me this opportunity. I have been honoured on many occasions with awards and certificates for my best umpiring. Recently on 13th February, 2014, I was invited as a Chief Guest by Amrut School in Halol, to celebrate the Annual Sports Day of their school.