Cricket/Caught question

If the striker hits the ball and hits the stumps in full and deflects to a nearby fielder would that be considered as a catch?

Hello Saju,
         very nice of you asking good questions.first of all if the ball hits the stumps legally and then if the bails get dislodged then it's out,if the bails are in place without getting dislodged even if it is hit by the ball then it's not out if it is caught by the player of the fielding team after hitting the wicket then it can be declared out.  

Sai Datta

All Types Of Questions On laws Of Cricket,Umpiring And Scoring.And Also Can Help You In Your Cricket Career.Queries Related To The Laws Of The Game.Anyone Feel Free To Ask Me,Always Available !

I Played Many First Class Matches Representing Hyderabad.I Am A First Class Umpire,I Have Been Working As A Umpire In The Hyderabad Cricket Association For The Past 23 Years.And Worked At Past As A Scorer For About 2 Years.

Hyderabad Cricket Association

I Have Done My Graduation From Loyola Degree College.And Not Opted For Higher Studies For The Love Of Cricket And To Pursue My Career In This Field.

I Have Been Awarded With The Senior Most Umpire And Many State Awards for My Umpiring And have Several Sets Of Them.Having The Best Domestic Umpire From The BCCI For 7 Years.