Cricket/Cricket Batsman, Bowler - Left v/s Right Handed.

Question
Batsman
Batsman  

Bowler
Bowler  
Dear Colin

1. According to the rules of the game, is a right handed batsman in the first innings in a test match allowed to bat as a left handed batsman in the second innings or vice versa ?

2. According to the rules of the game, is a right handed batsman allowed to bat also as a left handed batsman in a One Day or
T-20 Game ?. i.e allowed to take stance as both right or left handed in the game or vice versa ?

3. According to the rules of the game, can a right handed bowler in the first innings in a test match allowed to bowl as a left handed bowler in the second innings or vice versa ?

4. According to the rules of the game, is a right handed bowler allowed to bowl also as a left handed bowler in a One Day or
T-20 Game ?. i.e allowed to bowl as both right or left handed in the game or vice versa ?

5. Can a Batsman play some test or one day or T-20 matches as a Right Hand Batsman and some matches with left hand Batsman in his career ?. i.e. According to the rules of the cricket game, is this allowed ?

6. Can a Bowler play some test or one day or T-20 matches as a  Right Hand Bowler and some matches with left hand Bowler in his career ?. i.e. According to the rules of the cricket game, is this allowed ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
There is nothing in MCC Law which prevents a bowler or batsman changing hands even during a match.

Law 24.1 says that a bowler may bowl with either hand BUT he must notify the umpire of any change.

There is nothing currently in Law preventing a batsman from switching even when the bowler is delivering the ball!

It is possible that there are some special regulations about this situation under ICC competitions - but even these would not prevent a striker from changing between one delivery and the next.  

Cricket

Colin Pearson