Cricket/Cricket Batsman, Bowler - Left v/s Right Handed.

Question
Batsman
Batsman  

Bowler
Bowler  
Dear Alex

1. According to the rules of the game, is a right handed batsman in the first innings in a test match allowed to bat as a left handed batsman in the second innings or vice versa ?

2. According to the rules of the game, is a right handed batsman allowed to bat also as a left handed batsman in a One Day or
T-20 Game ?. i.e allowed to take stance as both right or left handed in the game or vice versa ?

3. According to the rules of the game, can a right handed bowler in the first innings in a test match allowed to bowl as a left handed bowler in the second innings or vice versa ?

4. According to the rules of the game, is a right handed bowler allowed to bowl also as a left handed bowler in a One Day or
T-20 Game ?. i.e allowed to bowl as both right or left handed in the game or vice versa ?

5. Can a Batsman play some test or one day or T-20 matches as a Right Hand Batsman and some matches with left hand Batsman in his career ?. i.e. According to the rules of the cricket game, is this allowed ?

6. Can a Bowler play some test or one day or T-20 matches as a  Right Hand Bowler and some matches with left hand Bowler in his career ?. i.e. According to the rules of the cricket game, is this allowed ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Hi Prashant,

Thanks for the questions.

Basically the answer to all your questions is YES.

The laws say nothing that would stop a batsman or bowler from using both hands. There are famous instances in Test cricket for instance where bowlers have changed their bowling hand during an over from right to left. The bowler must inform the umpire of a change of bowling hand though or else he will be called for a no ball, similar to the case of when he switches the side of the wicket he is bowling from or first comes on to bowl.

Hope that helps
Alex Edghill

Cricket

Alex Edghill