Cricket/Run-out

Question
A bit serious question your excellency. My question is whether it is declared run out when the bat is exactly on the crease and bails are off? The is in contact with the crease but not inside the crease. I mean it is on the particular crease but not inside. Then is it declared out or not out?

Answer
OUT

Law 29.1 (a) says
"A batsman shall be considered to be out of his ground unless his bat or some part of his person is grounded BEHIND the popping crease at that end."

Law 9.3 emphasises:
"The popping crease, which is the BACK EDGE of the crease marking, .."

Cricket

Colin Pearson