Cricket/throwing the ball after a catch

Is a catch deemed taken if a player has enough control if he is able to throw the ball away. More specifically if he is airborn over the boundaty line and throws (not taps) the ball back into play.

dear joe,
        thank you for asking a fabulous  question.when the player takes catch he can throw it back when he has got confidence over it and it is considered.

when the ball is caught in the air after the boundary line and thrown on to the field it is in play and it isn't called a boundary.

come back to me if you have more doubts.

Sai Datta

All Types Of Questions On laws Of Cricket,Umpiring And Scoring.And Also Can Help You In Your Cricket Career.Queries Related To The Laws Of The Game.Anyone Feel Free To Ask Me,Always Available !

I Played Many First Class Matches Representing Hyderabad.I Am A First Class Umpire,I Have Been Working As A Umpire In The Hyderabad Cricket Association For The Past 23 Years.And Worked At Past As A Scorer For About 2 Years.

Hyderabad Cricket Association

I Have Done My Graduation From Loyola Degree College.And Not Opted For Higher Studies For The Love Of Cricket And To Pursue My Career In This Field.

I Have Been Awarded With The Senior Most Umpire And Many State Awards for My Umpiring And have Several Sets Of Them.Having The Best Domestic Umpire From The BCCI For 7 Years.