Cricket/Free hit

Question
Sir,

If A Batsman Is Bowled in a free hit and the ball runs away for a boundary,Is the Boundary allowed?

Answer
Dear Sai Dutta,

Thanks for the nice question and very good morning to you.

Its just like a No ball and batsman is 'Not out' bowled. When an Umpires calls and signals 'No ball', ball does not become dead and hence whatever runs are accrued they are scored. Here the batsman is out bowled off a free hit delivery and hence he is not liable to be out and the ball crosses the boundary and the boundary will be scored as a byes.

Only if the batsman is out from any delivery bowled, runs are not allowed as the ball only becomes dead on the dismissal of a batsman.

Hope this is very much clear. Thanks again for your question.

With regards,

Suhas Sapre (Barod 29012013)

Cricket

Suhas L Sapre