Cricket/A start in the career of umpiring.

As i read that you are umpire based in Hyderabad, I think you will be the best person to help me out. I am 23 years old, living at Secunderabad and was wondering whether you could advise me on a career as an umpire. Both the good and the bad and how i can get started with it. I am big cricket enthusiast like a lot of Indians but have no professional playing experience. Will that be a problem? And where and how can i get started with a course or sign up with the HCA or a smaller local body to be an umpire?
Thank you,
Ankit Sharma.

dear ankit,
         pleased to meet you.In cricket you have lot of options to choose from such as you could be an umpire,coach,physio,video analyst,physical trainer,match refree,curator or serve the field in administration indeed to become an umpire you should first contact your local cricket association(hyderabad cricket association)i.e at gymkhana grounds and you have to fill in a few details they will ask you to attend a few classes based on cricket basics.then you have to write an examination and have to pass it minimum of 80% and then they will appoint you in the local club matches,after a series of months of experience HCA will propose your name to the bcci umpires fresher's course and then exam and to the level-1 and so on to the highest level-3.then you will be appointed as an first class umpire and after ton's of experience they will appoint in the international matches held only in india along with an international umpire.then  based on your performence in those matches ICC will recommend you to the higher position in the panel of umpires.

hope my answers clears your doubts.fell free to ask anything

Sai Datta

All Types Of Questions On laws Of Cricket,Umpiring And Scoring.And Also Can Help You In Your Cricket Career.Queries Related To The Laws Of The Game.Anyone Feel Free To Ask Me,Always Available !

I Played Many First Class Matches Representing Hyderabad.I Am A First Class Umpire,I Have Been Working As A Umpire In The Hyderabad Cricket Association For The Past 23 Years.And Worked At Past As A Scorer For About 2 Years.

Hyderabad Cricket Association

I Have Done My Graduation From Loyola Degree College.And Not Opted For Higher Studies For The Love Of Cricket And To Pursue My Career In This Field.

I Have Been Awarded With The Senior Most Umpire And Many State Awards for My Umpiring And have Several Sets Of Them.Having The Best Domestic Umpire From The BCCI For 7 Years.