Cricket/Helmet and Sawdust

Is there any rules that says, when their is a pile of sawdust on the ground that the fielding teams helmet must be placed closer to the wickets? Ie not behind the sawdust (which would make the helmet closure to the boundary than the pile of sawdust)

dear christian,
         as far of the icc rules and regulations there are no rules regarding the placement of the helmet.but generally the umpires request the wicket keeper to return the helmet to the pavilion(only when there is saw dust on the field)and at other times when there is no saw dust he has the option to put the helmet on the you all know when the ball is in play hits the helmet belonging to the fielding side the batting team gets 5 runs.

hope this clears your doubts and come back to me if you have any.

Sai Datta

All Types Of Questions On laws Of Cricket,Umpiring And Scoring.And Also Can Help You In Your Cricket Career.Queries Related To The Laws Of The Game.Anyone Feel Free To Ask Me,Always Available !

I Played Many First Class Matches Representing Hyderabad.I Am A First Class Umpire,I Have Been Working As A Umpire In The Hyderabad Cricket Association For The Past 23 Years.And Worked At Past As A Scorer For About 2 Years.

Hyderabad Cricket Association

I Have Done My Graduation From Loyola Degree College.And Not Opted For Higher Studies For The Love Of Cricket And To Pursue My Career In This Field.

I Have Been Awarded With The Senior Most Umpire And Many State Awards for My Umpiring And have Several Sets Of Them.Having The Best Domestic Umpire From The BCCI For 7 Years.