Cricket/about umpiring

Question
QUESTION: Hi sir
     before getting in to bcci level 1 exams is it necessary to do umpiring in school level matches n am nt played cricket in any compititave matches but i have lot of knowledge of cricket  it would have been fine na sir in bangalore (karnataka) i need to approach to the ksca na? n will they respond me?

ANSWER: Hi RJ,

Absolutely no problem, if you have not played any cricket and follow the game. It is not mandatory but it is like going to play center and Nursery Schools before you climb the further ladder of education. Likewise, if you are interested in umpiring, you must go to any nearby club, and try to play the game and know the game. You can stand in nets of school boys playing or practicing. You can stand in junior matches to experience feel of the umpiring. In fact its a very very tough job, not the intention to disappoint you here, but I have been umpiring for so many years and pass on my experience and knowledge to the novice. I also advise you to keep yourself fit and fine, and develop good concentration by practice.

So standing in local matches before taking up any examination will help you a lot. So just start positively, work on it, keep reading Laws and understand them. Try to stand in nets, in junior practice matches at the clubs. Learn from the senior umpires and be low profile on the field of play. Just register your name with your local KSCA regarding your interest. They may reply you.

Regards and best wishes,

Suhas Sapre (Baroda 27/11/2013)

QUESTION: hi
   sir
Could i have any contact number or e mail address of local umpires of karnataka

Answer
Hi RJ,

Here is the details you want. Please contact them for further enquiry.

K.S.C.A Office
Chinnaswamy Stadium
Bangalore - 560 001    

E-Mail

KSCA
KSCA@ksca.co.in

Tournament
tournament@ksca.co.in

Hon Secretary's office
secyoffice@ksca.co.in

Tournament Section
(+) 91 80 40154022, 22863298
Fax

KSCA
91-080-22863490

Tournaments
91-080-22863298

Suhas Sapre (Baroda 01/12/2013)

Cricket

Suhas L Sapre